Sunday, October 16, 2011

Interview with Robert “Big Bob” Crippen



I interviewed Robert “Big Bob” Crippen; he has worked in the entertainment industry for the past 20 years as a road manager, artist manager, promoting, and other jobs.  He is the CEO of “Higher Power Promotions” and he is currently working with a Spanish group called S.A.1 “Stand As One” as one of their managers.  Big Bob has worked with some of the best in the industry, people such as Jamie Fox, Keisha Cole, Jay’Z, names were flowing from his mouth I couldn’t keep up with them all. 

Mr. Crippen is also affiliated with Premier Luxury Rental, Inc., doing marketing and promotions, as well as assisting with driving actors, and artist to important events such as shows, parties, and interviews whatever is needed.  He is affiliated with many people in the industry, he has worked with some of the top DJ’s in the entertainment business located in or around Philadelphia, PA, Dj’s such as Golden Boy, Lady “B”, Doc B, Larry O, to name a few.  He has done work with legendary producers Kenny Huff and Leon Gamble, known as Gamble and Huff, who is best known for working with Billy Paul, O’Jays, Patti Labelle, and Teddy Pendergrass, to many to name.  Big Bob has promoted blockbuster movies in his assigned regional area, Philadelphia, PA, such as Tyler Perry movies,


Being affiliated with these different entities in the industry has brought recognition and clientele his way.  It has brought him to a status, in which different executives in the industry seeks him out.  But due to his illness, he has not been able to be as busy as in the past; but it has not stopped him. He says that each day brings new and exciting opportunities his way.  His main focus at this time is getting recognition for his new and upcoming group S.A.1. 

I have had the pleasure of meeting and networking with Mr. Crippen; I met him at one of the events he promoted back in 2007.  We have spoke on several occasions, and he is always willing to help me when I ask him for assistant with some of the artist that I have worked with, he gives me advice on some of my current projects as well as him giving me some of his contacts to work with.  He has introduced some important people to me, some who can help me along with my career.  He has went as far as contacting some of his people from New York, to give me the ins and outs to the business.  “Big Bob” as he likes to be called, has always told me “its not just what you know, its also who you know in the business”.  I appreciate the advice and the constructive criticism that he gives me.

http://www.gamble-huffmusic.com/home2/
http://www.facebook.com/S.A.1fanpage
http://www.premierluxuryrentals.net

No comments:

Post a Comment